It has been one week since I completely stopped nursing Oster. I weaned him off in stages: First I eliminated all daytime nursing sessions except for before naptime; then I eliminated the naptime feedings. After two weeks I only nursed him when he woke up and before he went to bed for the evening.
Mother’s Day came and my husband didn’t want to wake me up (how sweet). So he fed Oster a bottle in the AM. I thought that this would be a great time to stop feeding him in the morning. So, for a few extra days I was enjoying this once-a-day feeding.
I saw how Oster didn’t care about where is milk was coming from and quite frankly his teeth were constantly digging into me every night. So, I said, “Done!”
The first couple of days went great, however, after the 48 hours “of no breastfeeding” hump, everything kicked in. The everything that no one ever told me about:
- My breasts were as hard as softballs for 5 days
- I started craving food like a junkie
- Clumps of hair started to fall out
- I remembered what feeling bloated was like
- My hormones were raging. Kind of like the SNL Tina Fey Annuale skit. Actually almost exactly like Tina Fey in the Annuale skit.
Needless to say, my hormones are getting back on track (slowly) and the softball game is almost over.