Have a great weekend!
Today France is celebrating Bastille Day (it is 14 July there now). Lately, there has been a longing in my heart to return to the beautiful country.
I consider myself a Francophile who speaks broken French (but hoping my son will be fluent one day). I have been fortunate to have visited Arles, Aix–en–Provence and Paris on separate occasions. On our last trip (before Oster), my husband tried to get me out of the capital to visit amazing sights such as Normandy, Saint-Julien-Du-Sault, Avignon, Dordogne…seriously the list goes on. Anyway, I couldn’t step onto a train to leave Paris. I asked him to go on ahead and keep me behind but being the awesome husband that he is he stayed with me. I just couldn’t leave the city.
I would like to share some photos with you of a beautiful country that I will get back to again (when Oster is a little older and I’m back at work 🙂 )! I’ll even stray away from the city so we can enjoy what the rest of the country has to offer.
Happy Bastille Day!
discover and devour has been nominated for The Sunshine Award by iGameMom and Blessed with a Star on the Forehead. I would like to give a shiny bright “Thank You” to both ladies for the nomination. If you haven’t had the pleasure yet of seeing what iGameMom is all about, take some time and peruse her site. She provides info on all of the current games your kids are playing and Apps that help enforce your child’s learning. She lets you know the deals on certain Apps (even free ones) and she reviews them for you. iGameMom is a wealth of techno information. She even wrote a post on how to child-proof your IPAD! Thank you, iGameMom.
Blessed with a Star on the Forehead shares intimate thoughts and experiences and always leaves the reader at the edge of her/his seat! She writes in an interesting way that really makes light of relationship “situations” and posts about the seriousness of love. It is truly a feel-good site to visit. Thanks, Blessed with a Star on the Forehead!
The Sunshine Award comes with a few rules:
1. Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog
2. List 10 facts about yourself
3. Nominate some other fabulous bloggers
4. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated
5. Share the love and link the person who nominated you!
10 Facts About Me:
- My first job in high school (besides babysitting) was selling vacuum cleaners over the telephone.
- One thing on my bucket list: visit all of the Major League Baseball stadiums. I love attending baseball games. So far, I’ve been to 9 different ballparks.
- One of my favorite things to do on a summer morning is enjoy my coffee out on our patio.
- I have a soft spot for muscle cars. One of my favorites is the 1969 Chevy Chevelle.
- I am an avid reader of France and France Today.
- I love the sound of children’s laughter.
- When I found out Oster was allergic to milk, I eliminated all dairy from our refrigerator and pantry. I am now a proud drinker of almond milk.
- I eat the same thing for breakfast every morning: Grape Nuts.
- I have NO PATIENCE for intolerance or ignorance.
- With the help of discoveranddevour followers, I have successfully mastered cutting Oster’s fingernails! Thank you!!!!
I nominate the following blogs:
The Cherbie Life – insights from a mom and educator about love, family, and life.
LadyRomp – this site is all about inspiration. She posts an uplifting message every day to share with her readers.
sleepingshouldbeeasy – great discussion topics can be found here. The writer shares tips and strategies about infants/toddlers. She has an endless supply of fantastic information.
dutchgoesitalian – Letizia lives in Italy and shares gorgeous photos of her travels. She also shares simple yet delectable recipes.
High Needs – this blog is inspirational, as the author writes about her experiences to educate others on babies with high needs.
Travel Lady with Baby – this blog offers great travel tips, strategies on how to travel with an infant/toddler, shares fashion trends and cool gadgets to try. Always a positive read.
mamacravings – this site shares what the author craves for. It’s unique and fun to read.